- Temperature is the measure of hotness or coldness of a body.
- Heat is the form of energy transfer from one body to another due to their temperature difference.
- Thermometers are used for measuring temperature.
- Ice point and steam point are used as lower and upper fixed points for measurement.
- Conversion of temperature from one scale to another:
- Boyle’s law and Charles’ law are combined into a single relationship,
= constant (Ideal gas law)
- General form which can be applied to any quantity of gas:
[Ideal gas equation]
k − Universal gas constant (8.31 J mol−1K−1)
- Absolute Temperature
- The ab…
To view the complete topic, please