Digestion and Absorption
Human Alimentary Canal
- It is the chemical and mechanical breakdown of complex nutrients into simple absorbable forms.
Human digestive system or alimentary canal
- Alimentary canal is a long tube that extends from the mouth to the anus.
- It consists of mouth, buccal cavity, pharynx, oesophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine, rectum, and anus.
- The accessory digestive glands include salivary glands, the liver, gall bladder, and the pancreas.
- Digestion of food begins in mouth. It includes teeth, saliva, and tongue.
- Diphyodont: Two successive sets of teeth, which are deciduous (milk teeth) and perm…
To view the complete topic, please