Absorption by Roots
- It is the branch of biology which deals with the study of external structures of plants and animals.
- A plant consists of a root system (underground part) and a shoot system (above the ground parts).
- Roots are the parts of the root system; and stem, leaves, flowers, and fruits are parts of the shoot system.
- It helps in anchoring plant and absorbing water and minerals.
- Developed from the radicle part of a cotyledon
- It consists of a region of meristematic activity covered by a root cap, a region of elongation, and a region of maturation having root hairs.
- Types of roots system:
1. Tap root system
- It consists of a primary root that grows…
To view the complete topic, please