- It is a group of similar individuals living in a geographical area, sharing similar resources, and capable of interbreeding.
Population has certain attributes, which individual organisms do not possess:
Birth rate per capita births
Death rate per capita deaths
Sex ratio − Ratio of number of males to females in a population
- Demography: It refers to the statistical study of human population considering the following factors:
- Distribution of population
- Size and Density of population
- Birth rate
- Death rate
- Growth rate of population (Growth rate = Birth rate - Death rate)
A population can be composed of individuals of different age groups.
Age distribution plo…
To view the complete topic, please