Structure of Chromosomes, Cell Cycle and Cell Division
- It controls all the cellular activities of cell.
- It consists of the following.
a. Nuclear membrane – It has perforations called nuclear pores.
- Nucleolus is the site of ribosomal RNA formation.
- Network of nucleoprotein fibres are called the chromatin.
- Chromatin contains DNA, histones (basic proteins), non-histone proteins, and RNA.
- Chromatin threads condense and organize to form chromosome.
- The primary constriction in the chromosome is called centromere.
- Based on the position of centro…
To view the complete topic, please