Test for hydrogen (H2):
- A burning wooden splint when brought near this gas gets off and burns with a pale blue flame producing a pop sound.
Test for oxygen (O2):
- A burning wooden splint when brought near this gas re-lights brightly which shows that it is a supporter of combustion.
Test for water vapour (H2O):
- It turns anhydrous copper sulphate to blue.
- It turns blue copper chloride to pink.
Test for ammonia (NH3):
- Dense white fumes are formed when a rod dipped in HCl is brought near this gas.
Test for carbon dioxide (…
To view the complete topic, please