Select Board & Class
write 5 sentences using verb
What are transitive and intransitive verb ? Explian
Identify the tense of the underlined verbs in these sentences.
a. We have known our neighbours for a long time.
b. Nandita has been taking driving lessons regularly.
c. Grandma was watching her favourite programme on television.
d. Three days from now, my mother will be sitting in her new office.
e. My children prefer to play outdoor games.
f. Do you think the contractor will have completed painting of this house by next week?
g. Venkatraman Ramakrishnan, along with two others, has won the 2009 Nobel Prize in Chemistry.
h. Somdev Devraman has been working hard on his game.
i. The school will renovate its auditorium next year.
j. The boys and their father had prepared last nights dinner.
What are transitive and intransitive verb?????????????
is there any specific formula to recognise diff. b/w transitive and intransitive verbs
how to write picture composition
what is "be" form of verb?
Fill in the blanks with the correct tense of the verbs in brackets.
1. Water ____ (boil) at 100 degrees Celsius.
2. Mother _____ (finish) her cooking before the guests arrived.
3. Sheena saw a dolphin while she ____ (walk) on the beach.
4. In future, people ____ (drive) only fuel-efficient cars.
5. After ___ (finish) his work, father _____ (decide) to go for a walk.
6. Grandmother cant find her keys. Perhaps someone ____ (take) them.
7. My cousins ___ (visit) keala thrice.
8. Do you think Kamini ___ (reach) Cuttack by six p.m. tomorrow?
Meanings and Sentences of the phrasal verbs:
A) Got away
B) Checked into
C) Side With
D) Pull down
E) Win over
F) Let Down
what are phrasal verbs ?
Edit the errors and rewrite the sentences correctly.
1. The packet of sweets are on the chair.
2. I want booking ticketsw for the show tonight.
3. I did not knew the answer to the question.
4. the lioness, along with her cubs, were resting in the shade of a tree.
5. I have eat too much cake and now I feel quite sick.
6. Swmming in ponds and rivers are such fun.
Combine the sentences using participles.
1. she was shocked by the incident. she refused to talk to anyone.
2.The audience had taken their seats. The play was about to begin.
3. The enedmy was beaten at every point. They retreated from the battlefield.
4. I saw it had stopped raining. I went outdoors.
5. He was encouraged by his pa;rents. He never gave up.
6. The guard opened the gate. We entered.
7. We met a man. He was carrying a load of wood.
8. The hunter picked up his gun He wnt out to shoot the lion.
9. The stable door was open . ;The horse was stolen.
10. The train was delayed by the flood. It reached Mumbai a day late.
Please give me all uses of every Modal verb.
what is a transitive verb
the land of thus and so,CBSE 7 std,english reader,unit 1,THE FOG,activity 9,sir,can you explain
Fill in the blanks with the correct modals from the brackets.
1. ____ take part in the theatre workshop? (May/ will/ shall)
2. The electrician hasnt come as yet but he ___ be here soon. (should/would/can)
3. I am tried ____ our make some soup for us? (shall / may/ could)
4. The door is open and the lights of the rooms are on. Uncle and aunt ___ be at home. (must/ shall/will)
5. ___ I make a cheese sandwich for myself? (must / can/ might)
6. Grandma ____ knit a sweater even at this age. (should / must/can)
7. The weather forecast says that it ____ rain in the evening. (might/ must/can)
8. Had anyone ever imagined that Barack Obama _____ become the President one day? Should/ must/would)
9. I dont think we ____ lose this match. (will/would/ can)
10. The rival team ___ have tried harder. Must/can/should)
11. ____ you prefer to sleep on the lower berth or the upper one? (might /will/should)
what do you mean by transitive , intransitive , incomplete verb
In this chapter types of verbs and the types of non-finite is not given. Plz ans fast
What is three forms of verb?
under the verbs in the sentences given below.also state whether the verb in each of these is transitive or intransitive.name the object if the verb is intransitive.
1.we should avoid speaking loudly.
2.do you know anyone who can guide us on this subject.
3.the birds are chirping in the woods.
4.we should not overlook the voice of wisdom.
5.we must attend our friend's birthday party.
6.the driver suddenly stopped the cab.
7.he ran very fast but failed towin the first prize inthe 100 metre race.
8.he has gone back home.
9.ram lived a very disciplined life.
10.all his friends deserted him when he needed their company the most.
complete the sentences with the linking verbs to be ,to seem, to become.
1.he shy to talk to people,does't he.
2.she clever at putting together jigsaw puzzles.
3.this old bag too shabby to use now.
4.he a model student overnight.
5.we startled when we heard the clap of thunder.
6.i strong enough to lift this heavy trunk.
The hare fell into the well .Is this sentence transitive or incomplete verb
whatare infinite and finite verbs. pls give an example
can anyone snd me table of past tense?
sorry that`s past tense verb chart
What is an intransitive verb?
What are Phrasal Verb ? Explain with the help of an activity .
TURN THEM PASSIVE VOICE
1. DO ALL THE BOYS BRING THEIR BOOKS?
1. THEY ARE WRITTING LETTERS TO THEIR PARENTS.
2. ARE THEY APPOINTING HIM PRINCIPAL OF THIS SCHOOL
PRESENT PERFECT TENSE
1. HAS SHE LOST HER BOOK
2. HAVE ALL THE PUPLIS FINISHED THE EXERCISES
1. DID YOU PLANT THESE FLOWERS?
2. DID YOU FORGET HER NAME?
3. DID MANY PEOPLE BELEIVE HER STORY?
PAST CONTINOUS TENSE
1. WERE THEY HAVING THEIR BREAKFAST?
Please tell me whether the verbs in the following two sentences are transitive or intransitive.
1. we play chess for hours
2. she bought a dozen of apples
I am not clear with transitive and intransitive verbs
what are the different types of modal auxiliaries and tell their usage in sentence .
can please explain me about modals with examples.
What is action verb?
let me know transitive verbs as it is coming for my exam &as i am not clear of the concept & my exam is tomorrow let me know fast
god would bless you
what is finite verb
Fill in the blanks with auxiliary verbs was, were, did or had
1. The train _____ delayed because of heavy fog.
2. I _____ unpack the suitcase before putting it away.
3. The neighbors _____ waiting at the bus stop.
4. Vartika got up late because she _____forgotten to set the alarm clock.
5. The school bus ____ arrived on time this morning.
6. The employees ________ thrilled to know about the pay hike.
7. Sujata was sure she ____ met the astronaut earlier.
8. Yasin and Natasha ______ helping their father clean the kitchen.
9. The children _____ remember to switch off the lights and the fans.
transitive or intransitive
1 kathy lies in the hammock on summer afternoon.
2 the catain married john and marlene during the cruise.
Fill in the blanks with the correct auxiliary verbs or modals from the brackets.
1. I wasnt tired but my friend ___ (was/ had)
2. Is preeti here? She ____ here only five minutes ago had / was)
3. She said she would call later this evening but i dont think she ___ (would / will)
4. Are you had Sanjeev coming to the party? I am, but Sanjeev ___ not (is /have)
5. I dont know whether to apply for the job or not . Do you think I ________? Can / should)
6. Can you play a musical instrument? No , but I wish I ____ cld / should)
7. _____ I get up early in the morning tomorrow. (shall/ could)
8. You ____ clean your room immediately. (could/ should)
9. The fire spread through the building quickly but everybody ____ escape (might/could)
10. I lost my bunch of keys. I ____ dropped it somewhere. (have/ was)
i am not clear with transitive and intransitive verb
WHAT IS A PHRASAL VERB ?
identify intransitive and transtive verbs in the folowing and object for the trasitive verbs 1) my daughter jumped
how to differentiate between intransitive verb and incomplete verb
Copyright © 2021 Aakash EduTech Pvt. Ltd. All rights reserved.
E.g: 9876543210, 01112345678
We will give you a call shortly, Thank You
Office hours: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm IST (7 days a week)