Select Board & Class
Advantages and Disadvantages of mercury, alcohol and water as a thermometric liquid
500g of water at 80 c is mixed with 250g of water at 50c . calculate the final temperature of the mixture?
what is the application of convection in our daily life
Question 1: State three factors which determine the quantity of heat energy in a body.
Question 2: Which substance has the highest specific heat capacity? How much is it?
What are the cgs units of specific heat capacity?
200gm steam condenses to form water at 100 degree celsius.calculate the heat released during the process.
mention three different effects produced by heat?
At what temperature the reading on Celsius scale is half of that on Fahrenheit scale?
If asbestos is an insulator then why asbestos wire gauge is used in heating chemicals?
How does a Digital Thermometer work? Does it also consists of a Mercury Column inside it ? Does it provide more Accurate measure of Temperature of a Substance as compared to ordinary thermometers?
why on a hot day,sand on beach is hotter than water in sea?
Precautions while using thermometer-
1)Washing should not be done in hot water.
WHY NOT ?
in this chapter,the first topic had the formula-Q=m*C*t but in my book it is Q=m*S*t. why ?
A man who is 108 kgs and he climbs 87 storeys with 976 steps with each step measuring 8.87cm.Find how much energy is utilized to climb up the building.
25g of a solid requires 8550j of heat to melt . calculate latent heat of fusion of the substance?
small holes are provided at the bottom of the chimney in an oil lamp.why?
Why does municipal corporation sprinkle cold water on the roads in summer?
what is the principle of calorimetry
HEY CAN ANYONE GUIDE ME IN SOLVING PHYSICS NUMERICALS OF THE FORMULA
What is the difference between calorie and Specific heat capacity?
what is the difference between heat and temparature
A man weighing 70kg climbs a three-storey building. Each storey has 20 steps of height 15cm each. How many Calories of enegry does he burn?
What is q=mct and what is its significance please explain in a bit detail as i could not understand it by consulting other answers.
please more clearly describe me thermal equilibrium.
IS THERE ANY INSTRUMENT TO PROVE THAT HEAT ENERGY IS LOST BY THE HOT BODY TO THE COLD BODY ?????
explain how work done against friction changes into heat energy?
how is calorie related to heat capacity
Describe an experiment to show the existence of latent heat?
What are the advantages of high specific heat of water?
In revision notes it is written 'The advantages of high specific heat of water are:' and nothing about it is written.
A bucket contains 8 kg of water at 25 degrees Celsius and 2 kg of water at 80 degrees Celsius is poured into it. Neglecting the heat absorbed by the bucket, calculate the final temperature of water.
Good Conducters of heat are bad conducters of electricity.
Is this statement True?
1. Explain thermal capacity and give its units.
2. How is calorie related to heat capacity?
3. Diffrenciate between meteors and comets.
4. what is the relation between latent heat of freezing of ice and latent heat of fusion of ice?
Dear experts you are requested to please answer these queries as soon as possible as i have to give a physics exam tomorrow morning. Waiting for your reply.
1. A solid of mass 150g of 200 degree celsius is placed in 0.4kg ofwater at 20 degree celsius till a constant temparature is attained. Ifthe specific heat capacity of the solid is 0.5J/g K .Find theresulting temparature of the mixture.2. Calculate the amount of heat energy absorbed by 40g of ice at -10degree celsius to convert into water at 80 degree celsius. Given thatspecific heat capacity of ice is 2.1J/g degree celsius.3. Some hot water is added to three times its mass of cold water at 10degree celsius . The resulting temparature is found to be 20 degreecelsius, find initial temparature of the hot water.4. What mass of a liquid A of specific heat capacity of 0.8J/g K andat temparature of 40 degree celsius must be mixed with 100g of aliquid B of specific heat capacity 2.1J/g K and at 20 degree celsiusso that the final temparature becomes 20 degree celsius.
what is the difference between heat capacity &thermal heat capacity ?
Copyright © 2020 Applect Learning Systems Pvt. Ltd. All rights reserved.
E.g: 9876543210, 01112345678
We will give you a call shortly, Thank You
Office hours: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm IST (7 days a week)