- Thrust – Force acting perpendicular to a surface
- Pressure = Perpendicular force per unit area
- Lesser is the area more is the pressure; this is the reason why we prefer to use sharp knives over the blunt ones to cut objects. This pressure is again the reason why it is difficult to hold a school bag having a strap made of a thin and strong string.
- Liquids exerts pressure on the walls of the container.
- Pressure exerted by liquids increases with depth.
- Liquids exert equal pressure at the same depth.
- The pressure at which water comes out of the holes is directly proportional to its depth.
- Fluid— Substance which can flow and has no fixed shape
To view the complete topic, please