care, cushion, knees, gentle, breeze, world, nice
1) Care: to feel concern
Example sentence: 1) I care for my mother when she is sick.
2) We should take care of all animals.
2) Cushion: a bag of cloth with a lot of soft material
Example sentences: 1) The house has comfortable cushions to sleep in bed.
2) We bought green coloured cushions from the market.
3) Knees: joint between the thigh and lower leg
Example sentences: 1) My knees are paining.
2) He has hurt his knees while playing cricket.
4) Gentle: kind
Example sentences: 1) She has a very gentle voice.
2) My school teachers are very gentle.
5) Breeze: gentle wind
Example sentences: 1) The breeze blew the flowers and trees.
2) The breeze made the flowers bloom.
6) World: the whole earth
Example sentences: 1) There should always be peace in the world.
2) We should save the world from wars.
7) Nice: giving pleasure
Example sentences: 1) It was nice to meet you again.
2) It was a nice breakfast.
• Do your grandparents live with you?
• Do you spend some time with them?
• How do you help them?
Disclaimer: These are sample answers. Students are advised to write the answers based on their own experience and observation.
• What do you call 'Grandmother' in your language?
• What do you call 'Grandfather' in your language?
• Do you know any old people? Can you name them?
• How can you make them happy? Discuss with your class.
• Have you ever gone out with your grandparents?
Disclaimer: These are sample answers. Students are advised to write the answers based on their own experiences.
I call my grandmother 'daadee maa'.
I call my grandfather 'daada ji'.
Yes, I know many old people in my neighbourhood. Their names are Uncle Harish and Rajesh.
I can make them happy by talking with them and sharing my experiences with them.
Yes, I went Shimla with my grandparents.
Make new words using letters from the word GRANDPARENTS. You may use the letters in any order. One has been done for you.
Sometimes we replace the names of people with another word, instead of repeating the name. Replace the names in the sentences using a word from the box.
It, I, He, She, My, You
1. Meena is playing with a doll. __________ is a girl.
2. Ram is climbing a tree. __________ is a boy.
3. Do not eat that mango. ___________ is not ripe.
1. Meena is playing with a doll. It is a girl.
2. Ram is climbing a tree. He is a boy.
3. Do not eat that mango. It is not ripe.
Suppose you go to stay with your grandparents for a week. Make a list of things that you would like to take with you for them. Do not forget to put a, an or the before each thing.
|A Toothbrush||A book|
|A soap||A gift|
|A towel||A water bottle|
|A suitcase||A saree for Grandma|
|A handbag||The ticket|
Make a Thank you card for your grandparents.
You need -
Chart paper of any colour of 9 inches x 12 inches, sketch pens, sticker, design block.
Make it this way -
1. Fold the paper into two.
2. Draw or stick pictures on it.
3. Write a message inside.
Begin with Dear Grandfather/Grandmother.
Disclaimer: This is a sample answer. Students are advised to write the answer based on their own experiences and observations.
You are the most sweet and lovable grandparents in my life. My love for you increases more and more each day. Kindly bestow your precious blessings on me so as I can prosper and be successful in my life.
With warm love
This is an outline of Meena's grandfather. Add his hat, tie, moustache, glasses, stick, etc. Write each word in the given box. Colour the picture and write his name.
Disclaimer: Kindly refer the textbook for the image.
Disclaimer: Such activities are made for increasing the self creative skills and should be tried on your own.
1) One family has come to enjoy picnic.
2) They are eating food together.
3) Reema is picking up wrappers from the green grass.
4) The family is enjoying eating food together.
5) Vimla aunty is serving food to grandmother.
6) Rahul is playing football with his father.
7) Vimla aunty is talking to elderly people present over there.
8) Utsav is fishing with his grandfather.