snail, dark, feelers, storm, lightning, thunder
1) Snail: a small animal with a round shell
Example sentences: 1) Snails crawl very slowly.
2) Snails have a spiral shell to cover their body.
2)Dark: with little or no light
Example sentences: 1) We were having our dinner in a dark room as there was no electricity.
2) I saw a monster in a forest on a dark night.
3) Feelers: an animal organ that is used for testing things by touch
Example sentences: 1) Snail uses its feelers to know which food to eat.
2) Ants have tiny feelers to reach towards their food.
4) Storm: a violent weather with strong winds
Example sentences: 1) The storm took away the umbrella I was carrying.
2) The kids got scared with the sound of the storm.
5) Lightning: bright flash with thunder
Example sentences: 1) Our car got stuck because of lightning.
2) There was a terrible flash of lightning on my birthday.
6) Thunder: crashing noise after lightning
Example sentences: 1) It began to thunder after we reached the school.
2) The river thundered below.
• Do you go for morning walks?
• Have you ever seen ants in the garden?
• Watch and see where they go and what they carry to their holes.
Disclaimer: These are sample answers. Students are advised to write the answers based on their own experience and observation.
Do you know why you see snails and earthworms after it rains? Sit in a group and discuss.
Disclaimer: These are smaple answers. Students are advised to write the answer based on their own experience and observation.
Snails and earthworms live deep under the surface of the earth. So, whenever it rains, their house gets wet. It is because of which they have to come over the surface, on the ground to find place to live and food to eat.
Look at the picture and complete the sentences.
Pick the right word from the box.
Disclaimer: Kindly refer the textbook for the images.
1) The cat is jumping over the wall.
2) The cat is in the box.
3) The cat is behind the door.
4) The cat is under the stool.
5) The cat is on the suitcase.
Instructions: Join the dotted lines to form the given words.