hardworking, arrived, starve, slammed
1) Hardworking: to work with energy
Example sentences: 1) My father is a hardworking family man.
2) She is a hardworking girl.
2) Arrived: to reach at a place
Example sentences: 1) We arrived at the airport on time.
2) He arrived at his house in the evening.
3) Starve: to die from hunger
Example sentences: 1) My mother left me at home to starve.
2) We should not starve ourselves to get thin.
4) Slammed: to shut something forcefully
Example sentences: 1) He slammed the door while leaving.
2) I slammed the brakes.
Disclaimer: These are sample answers. Students are advised to write the answers based on their own experience and observation.
Circle the words that mean the same.
When you hear winter and summer, what are the words that come to your mind? Write these words in the bubbles.
Letters with numbers are given in the box. Pick up the letter under each number and replace the numbers by writing it in the blanks.
2. The eat .
3. is very .
4. is very .
1. The G R A S S H O P P E R
eats W O R M S.
2. The A N T S eat G R A I N S.
3. W I N T E R is very C O L D.
4. S U M M E R is very W A R M.
Under picture A sentences describe what each person/animal is doing. Under picture B write down what each is doing.
Disclaimer: Kindly refer the textbook for the images.
Use the words 'he', 'she', 'it', 'they' instead of a lady, a man, two girls and a dog.
A lady is cycling. ________________________________
A man is running. ________________________________
Two girls are playing. _____________________________
A dog is sleeping. _________________________________
1) Two girls are playing football.
2) One man is jogging in the park.
3) A dog is sleeping in the grass.
4) One girl is cycling.
Two girls are skipping the rope.
A dog is licking milk from the bowl.
A woman is cutting grass.
A man is in the cot.
The sun shines in the sky.
Instructions: Join the dotted lines to form the given sentence.