proud, noble, wise, penguins, strutting, remarks
1) Proud: feeling self-respect or pleasure in something
Example sentences: 1) My mother was proud of my recent result.
2) I am proud of my country.
2) Noble: someone with a very good character
Example sentences: 1) Mother Teresa was a noble lady.
2) The students were working for a noble cause.
3) Wise: someone who has a good experience and knowledge
Example sentences: 1) Ashoka was a wise king.
2) He took a wise decision in his business deal.
4) Penguins: a large sea-bird with wings for swimming under water
Example sentences: 1) She was dancing like a penguin in rain.
2) Penguins' favourite food is fish.
5) Strutting: to walk with a proud air
Example sentences: 1) He was strutting after he won the music competition.
2) She strutted down the catwalk.
6) Remarks: to say something as a comment
Example sentences: 1) Her teacher's remarks made her feel bad.
2) You should give remarks at the bottom of the test paper.
• What do you see at the zoo?
• What does the camel have on its back?
• Have you been to a zoo?
• Name the animals which you have seen in a zoo. Say the names in your own language and then in English.
• Name the animal you liked the most. Why?
• Did you feed any animals at the zoo? Should we tease animals?
Disclaimer: These are sample answers. Students are advised to write the answers based on their own experience and observation.
Listen and put a tick (✓) against the words that the teacher says -
Disclaimer: This is a creative activity meant to be done with your teacher. Students have to listen to their teacher very carefully and tick the word in front of the box given.
Disclaimer: Students are advised to practice this on their own.
The elephant walks
Like this and that.
He's so tall
And so fat.
He has no fingers,
He has some toes,
But oh! my goodness,
What a big NOSE...
Make sentences using -
'this' and 'that'.
1) This is the book that you have to read.
2) That is the girl who won the prize.
3) This is the food that you have to eat.
4) That lady asked me for money.
5) This system is not working.
6) That building got collapsed.
A visit to my village
Fill in the blanks with the words from the box.
Help the bee to reach its home. What are the things that it met on the way that rhyme with bee?
Disclaimer: Kindly refer the textbook for the image.
pea, tree, key, tea
|Roar like a lion.||Bark like a dog.|
|Neigh like a horse.||Moo like a cow.|
|Quack like a duck.||Chirp like a sparrow.|
|Bleat like a goat.||Chatter like a monkey.|
|Grunt like a pig.||Hiss like a snake.|
L I O N TI G E R
W O L F D E E R
J A C K A L O W L
MO N K E Y B E A R
CH I M PA N ZEE
GI R A F F E
Instructions: Join the dotted lines to form the given words.