childish pebble donkey dirty anger excitement playful naughty washerman
1) Childish: silly and immature
Example sentences: 1) My younger brother is very childish.
2) You should not do such childish things.
2) Pebble: small stone
Example sentences: 1) The children are playing with pebbles.
2) The pebble hurt my toe.
3) Donkey: an animal with long ears used for carrying goods
Example sentences: 1) They went to the village on a donkey.
2) A donkey is eating grass.
4) Dirty: unclean
Example sentences: 1) He gets dirty after playing football.
2) Ravi cleaned all the dirty clothes.
5) Anger: a state of being angry
Example sentences: 1) A man's anger has no limit.
2) Anger is man's greatest enemy.
6) Excitement: lively and cheerful
Example sentences: 1) There was excitement in the stadium before the match.
2) There was excitement in the market because of Diwali.
7) Playful: someone who likes to have fun
Example sentences: 1) My pet is very playful.
2) Her playful nature is loved by everyone.
8) Naughty: badly behaved
Example sentences: 1) My best friend is a naughty boy.
2) He spoke naughty words to me.
9) Washerman: one who washes clothes for money
Example sentences: 1) The washerman did not come in the morning.
2) We give gifts to our washerman on Diwali.
1) The baby tries to put the pebbles into her mouth.
2) The baby tears the pages of the books with her hands.
3) The baby laughs when her brother shakes his head at her in anger.
4) The washerman brings donkeys to carry away the dirty clothes.
Disclaimer: These are sample answers. Students are advised to write the answers on their own.
1) The funniest thing that the baby does is when she tears away the pages of her book and laughs at it without any reason.
2) Yes I think the baby sister is really silly because she does things in a very funny manner. She does not think before doing anything.
1. Fill in the blanks to spell words from the story.
s i ______ ______ y
p e ______ ______ l ______ s
s t r ______ e t s
s ______ o l d
l e ______ ______ o n s
n ______ u ______ h t y
e x c ______ t ______ m ______ n t
d ______n k ______ y
2. Write similar words from the story:
3. Fill in the blanks with words from the box
The ______________ are playing in the field. __________ are happy.
____________ are playing 'catch-me-if-you-can.'
The ____________ has rung. It is time for lessons.
4. Fill in the blanks
i. One child, many ____________ .
ii. One fox, many _____________ .
iii. One duck, many ____________ .
iv. One goose, many ____________ .
5. Add 'ful' to make a word.
a. The children are __________________. (play)
b. The flowers are __________________. (beauty)
c. The books are __________________ . (use)
d. The vegetables are __________________ . (plenty)
6. Add 'ly' to make a word
a. The new shoes are __________________ . (love)
b. He is __________________ smart. (real)
c. We should eat __________________ . (slow)
d. Let us sing __________________ . (soft)
7. Add 'ish' to make a new word.
a. That girl is always crying. She is ________________ . (child)
b. I slipped on a banana peel. I feel ________________ . (fool)
c. My sister is ________________ . (baby)
s i l l y
p e b b l e s
s t r e e t s
s c o l d
l e s s o n s
n a u g h t y
e x c i t e m e n t
d o n k e y
The children are playing in the field. They are happy.
They are playing 'catch-me-if-you-can.'
The bell has rung. It is time for lessons.
i. One child, many children .
ii. One fox, many foxes .
iii. One duck, many ducks .
iv. One goose, many geese .
a. The children are playful. (play)
b. The flowers are beautiful. (beauty)
c. The books are useful . (use)
d. The vegetables are plentiful. (plenty)
a. The new shoes are lovely. (love)
b. He is really smart. (real)
c. We should eat slowly. (slow)
d. Let us sing softly. (soft)
a. That girl is always crying. She is childish. (child)
b. I slipped on a banana peel. I feel foolish. (fool)
c. My sister is babyish . (baby)
Write five sentences on how you help at home.
I help mother _____________________________________
I help father ______________________________________
I also help my brother in __________________________
I also help my sister with __________________________
I do ____________________________________ in the house.
Disclaimer: These are sample answers. Students are advised to write the answers based on their own personal experiences and observation.
1) I help mother at home.
2) I help father in arranging his documents.
3) I also help my brother in his homework.
4) I also help my sister with cleaning her room.
5) I do not shout in the house.