carpenter queer plane puzzled puppet took shape amazed finished stiff decided
1) Carpenter: a person who makes or repairs wooden objects
Example sentences: 1) The carpenter was a very skilled person.
2) I called the carpenter in the evening.
2) Queer: strange or odd
Example sentences: 1) Her queer behaviour in the school surprised me.
2) I have many queer friends.
3) Plane: completely flat
Example sentences: 1) The old friends sat on a plane surface.
2) Chop the vegetables on a plane surface.
4) Puzzled: unable to understand
Example sentences: 1) I was puzzled by my mother's question.
2) Jasmine gave a puzzled look to me.
5) Puppet: model of a person or an animal moved by strings
Example sentences: 1) Our relatives decided to watch a puppet show.
2) Puppets look very cute dancing on stage.
6) Took shape: to develop a clear form
Example sentences: 1) My ideas took shape in a while.
2) The vase took shape in the potter's hands.
7) Amazed: surprised
Example sentences: 1) She was amazed to see the beautiful beaches in Kerela.
2) Jaya was amazed to see her mother at the airport.
8) Finished: to bring to an end
Example sentences: 1) I had finished my homework on time.
2) The little girl finished her food.
9) Stiff: rigid or strong
Example sentences: 1) The letter was very stiff.
2) Raj's shirt had a stiff collar.
10) Decided: to make up your mind to do something
Example sentences: 1) She decided to study for an hour.
2) The judge decided to hold the case.
What did the carpenter buy?
The carpenter bought a very odd piece of wood.
What did he make out of it?
He made a puppet out of it.
What did he call his puppet?
He called him Pinocchio.
What did Pinocchio say in the end?
In the end Pinocchio said, "I'm glad to be a real boy. I'll never lie again."
Have you ever seen a puppet?
Disclaimer: This is a sample answer. Students are advised to write the answer based on your own experiences and observations.
Yes, I have seen a puppet in a puppet show.
Tell the story of Pinocchio with actions.
Disclaimer: This is a group activity in which you recite the story Pinocchio's actions with gestures. Your teacher will guide you in the class to perform this activity. Follow the instructions carefully in your class and recite the story among your friends in the classroom.
Hop, Pin, Hip, Chop, Picnic, Coin, Nip, Iconic
Make opposites with the words –
Make naming words by adding ness, ity, ty at the end of the words given below. One has been done for you.
Which of the following would you expect a carpenter to use at work?
bench, poker, plane, chisel, fork, spade, blotting paper,
lawn-mower, telescope, pincers, jaw, scissors,
hammer, map, nails, lathe, pencil, anvil.
Now make sentences using some of the above words.
1) The gardener uses spade for digging.
2) The man melted the metal using a hammer.
3) The carpenter's plane was very helpful in his work.
4) Nail the board into the wall.
5) You should use lathe with good care.
Give another word from the story that means
|make up your mind||_________________|
|make up your mind||decide|
Add '–er' or '–r' to the doing words below to make new words.
Why did the animals think that the jackal was a king?
The animals thought that the jackal was a king because he was blue in colour.
How did the jackal become blue?
The jackal became blue in colour as he jumped into a big tub of blue dye.
What did the animals do when they saw the blue jackal?
The animals bowed before him when they saw the blue jackal.
Why did the dogs feel scared when they saw the jackal?
The dogs were scared because they thought that he was the real king.
How did the animals know that the king was just a jackal?
One day, the blue jackal forgot that he was a king and started howling at the other jackals in the middle of the night. This made the animals found out that he was not a king but a jackal.