Draw how the fan looks from below.
Look for these things in the photo.
One of the chairs is present on the left side of the bed and the other chair is present on the left side of the big table.
The small table is kept in front of the chair that is kept beside the bed. The books are kept on the small table.
A bottle, a jug, fruits, etc are kept on the big table.
Can you think why Gappu could see the cheese on the jug but Chinky could not?
Gappu could see the cheese placed on the top of the jug as he was seeing it from the above. Chinky, on the other hand, could not see the cheese as she was on the floor.
Imagine how your classroom looks from above. Try to draw it and mark the benches, blackboard, doors, windows etc.
Disclaimer: The purpose of this section is to encourage students to observe their surroundings. It is highly recommended that the students prepare the answer on their own.
Look at these pictures and discuss why things look wide and big at this end but narrow and small at the other end.
We know that things look different when we look at them from different views and distances.
In the first picture given above, one end of the railway track is looking wide and big while the other end is looking narrow as both of them are being seen from different distances. In the second picture, the distance between the rows of candles looks wide from one end and narrow from the other end due to the same reason.
Match Two Views of the Same Pose
This is a top view of a girl in a yoga pose.
Only one of the photos below is the correct match of the same yoga pose. Mark it.
We see that the girl in the figure is stretching her right arm in the yoga pose, and first photo among the given photos matches with that yoga pose. Therefore, the first photo is the correct match.
These are two different views of the same bowls.
• In which photo are the bowls upside down? ______________
Look at the side view in photo 3 to find the answer.
• Draw lines to match the side view with the top view of
— A pipe
— A funnel
Try to draw pictures of a shoe from the side, top, front, etc.
Disclaimer : The purpose of this section is to encourage students to observe their surroundings. It is highly recommended that the students prepare the answers on their own.
The Park behind Gappu's House
Do you remember the park behind Gappu's house?
Here is a bigger picture of that park. Look at it carefully and answer the questions.
• Mark the gate nearest to the sweet shop. A / B / C / D
• Which gate is nearest to Gappu's house?
• If you enter from gate B, the green bench will be to your — Left / Right / Front
• When Suhasini entered the park, the flower bed was to her right. Which gate did she enter from?
• Which of these is nearest to you if you enter from gate C?
|1. Basketball court||2. Flower bed|
|3. Green bench||4. See-saw|
On the phone Ismail told Srijata the route to his house from her house. The route map is shown here.
This is what Ismail told Srijata:
"From your house, reach the milk-booth and then take a left turn. From the second crossing take a right turn and go over the bridge. Go straight and then take the first right turn. After about 100 metres you will see a big park.
When you cross the park you will come to a side lane. My house is the first house in that lane.
• Did Ismail go wrong somewhere? Can you correct him?
• Show where Srijata will reach if she takes the route he told her.
• Write the directions for going from Ismail's house to Srijata's house.
The numbers on the opposite faces of this box add up to 7.
• Which number was on the opposite side of 5?
• In the picture, which number will be at the bottom?
• Which number will Gibli see if she again turns left from 5?
• What will this box look like if you opened it up? Mark the correct picture.