- Periodic motion Motion which repeats itself after regular intervals of time
- Oscillatory motion A body in oscillatory motion moves to and fro about its mean position in a fixed time interval.
Period (T): It is the interval of time after which a motion is repeated. Its unit is seconds (s).
- Time period Time required for one complete oscillation
- Frequency : Number of oscillations in one second. The unit is Hertz.
An oscillatory motion is said to be simple harmonic, when the displacement (x) of the particle from origin varies with time given as,
- Displacement is sinusoidal function of time.
- Displacement − A …
To view the complete topic, please