Squares, Square Roots, Cubes, Cube Roots
- If a natural number m can be expressed as n2, where n is also a natural number, then m is a square number. The square numbers are also called perfect squares.
Examples: 1, 4, 9, 16, 25, 36 … are perfect squares.
- Perfect squares exhibit some special properties.
- The square of even numbers are even and square of odd numbers are odd.
- The unit place of a perfect square can never be 2, 3, 7 and 8.
- By observing the last digit of a number, we can find the last digit of the square of the number.
- If a number has 1 or 9 at its units place, then its square ends in 1.
- If a number ends with 4 or 6, then its square end with 6.
- If a number ends with 2 or 8, then its square ends with 4.
- If a number ends with 5, th…
To view the complete topic, please