When Equilibrium Disrupts
- Health and Disease
- Health - A state of physical, mental, and social well-being that includes a unity and harmony within the mind, body, and soul of an organism
- Disease - Any condition that can lead to discomfort, distress, health problems, and even death of the affected person
- Symptoms - Indications of disease, such as headache, stomach pain, nausea, etc that can only be felt by the patient
- Signs of a disease include fever, vomiting, diarrhoea, etc that can be observed by a physician
- Incubation period - The time interval between infection and appearance of symptoms
Causes of diseases
- Contributory causes
- Unhealthy condition
- Improper public service
2. Immediate causes:
- These are external causes like micro-organisms.
- Organisms like virus, bacteria, and other micro-organisms can cause diseases in a person.
On the basis of its duration , diseases are of two types- Acute and Chronic
- Acute - Lasts for a short period of time, eg. Cold, cough, influenza, etc.
- Chronic - Lasts for long periods of time, eg. Diabetes, kidney stones, etc.
The disease-causing microorganisms that transmit communicable diseases belong to different categories such as:
Viruses - These are tiny organisms that grow, multiply, or reproduce only inside the host cells.
Diseases caused by viruses - Influenza, cold …
To view the complete topic, please