- A fraction is a number representing a part of a whole.
The whole may be a single object or a group of objects.
- A common fraction is written in the form , where a and b both are integers and b ≠ 0. Here, a is numerator and b is denominator. Common fractions are also known as vulgar or simple fractions.
- While expressing a situation where parts have to be counted to write a fraction, it must be ensured that all parts are equal.
- For a fraction is called its numerator and 13 is called its denominator.
- Fractions are categorized into three types: proper, improper, and mixed fraction.
To view the complete topic, please