Lines in Unison
- Construction of line parallel to given line:
- Using ruler and compass:
Steps of construction to draw a line parallel to a given line m, through a point P, outside the line m:
- Take any point Q on m and join PQ.
- With Q as centre and convenient radius, draw an arc cutting m at R and PQ at S.
- With P as centre and the same radius, draw an arc TU cutting PQ at V; then with V as centre and radius equal to RS, draw an arc cutting TU at X.
- Join PX to draw a line n.
Now, the line n is parallel to m. [Correspo…
To view the complete topic, please