Some Non-Metals in Nature
1. Trees are very important for earth’s ecosystem as they improve environment, prevent floods and draughts, cause rainfall and protect underground water resources, most importantly control pollution by absorbing carbon dioxide gas.
2. The major components of food are carbohydrate, protein, fat, mineral salts and water.
3. Carbohydrates and fats consist of carbon, hydrogen and oxygen molecules; proteins consist of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen molecules; mineral salts consist of magnesium, iron, calcium, sodium, potassium, chlorine, oxygen etc. and water contains hydrogen and oxygen molecules.
4. Air is a mixture of gases. It contains nitrogen (78%), oxygen (21%), argon (0.9%), carbon dioxide (0.04%) and traces of other gases.
1. Oxygen is very important for the existence of life. In air, 21 % oxygen is present.
2. Joseph Priestly discovered oxygen by heating mercuric oxide. Oxygen i…
To view the complete topic, please