States of Matter
- Change of state
- A change of state occurs because heat energy breaks the force of attraction between particles. Kinetic energy of the particle increases.
- Melting point
- The temperature at which a solid melts into a liquid at normal atmospheric pressure.
- At melting point, the temperature does not change until all solid converts into liquid.
- Latent heat
- The heat required to break the force of attraction between the particles at transition temperature. This heat becomes confined within the material and is called the latent heat.
- Amount of heat required to change 1 kg of material to change its state at normal atmospheric pressure at transition temperature is called the latent heat…
To view the complete topic, please