Board Paper of Class 12-Commerce 2011 Business Studies (SET 1) - Solutions
(i) All questions are compulsory.
(ii) Figures to the right indicate full marks for the questions.
(iii) Figures to the left indicate question numbers.
(iv) Write answer of every new question on a new page.
- Question 1
Q.1. (A) Select the proper option from the options given below and rewrite the sentences: [5 Marks]
1. The maximum number of members for a partnership organisation running banking business is ............
2. A company in which minimum 51% share capital is held by the Government, such company is known as ...........
(a) Private Company
(b) Government Company
(c) Foreign Company
3. Globalization is related with ....... market.
4. Business Organisations adopt the responsibilities to pay ....... to their employees.
(a) low wages
(b) fair wages
(c) fair cost
5. Management motivates the employees to ..........
(a) work hard
(b) take initiative
(c) earn moreVIEW SOLUTION
- Question 2
Q.1. (B) Match the pairs : [5 Marks]
Group 'A' Group 'B' (a) Multinational Company (1) Orders from more than one boss (b) Consumer Protection Act (2) Branches in several countries (c) Unity of Command (3) 1996 (d) Planning (4) NO identification (e) Common Seal (5) Review of activities done (6) Order from one boss (7) Managed locally (8) 1986 (9) Deciding future course of action (10) Easy identification of an organisation
- Question 3
Q.1. (C) Fill in the blanks and rewrite the sentences : [5 Marks]
(1) The minimum number of directors in a private company is ........ .
(2) Business should always respect ................ .
(3) Staffing is mainly related with ................. .
(4) To provide quality goods is the social responsibility of business organisation towards ......... .
(5) World Trade Organisation was established in the year .............. .VIEW SOLUTION
- Question 4
Q.1. (D) Write a word or a phrase or a term which can be suitable for each one of the following statements : [5 Marks](1) State the name of commission which settles the claims of the consumers of more than Rs 1 crore.
(2) State the level of management in which class-I executives are involved.(3) State the name of the expert who put forth 14 principles of management.
(4) The person who developed the concept of Total Quality Management.(5) The Head of the Joint Hindu Family business.VIEW SOLUTION
- Question 5
Q.2. Write short notes on any THREE of the following : [15 Marks](1) Features of Disaster Management.
(2) Importance of Coordination.(3) Problems of Consumers.
(4) Event Management.(5) Need of Liberalization.VIEW SOLUTION
- Question 6
Q.3. Distinguish between the following. (Any THREE) : [15 Marks](1) Joint Hindu Family Business and Sole Trading Concern.
(2) Controlling and Directing.(3) State Commission and National Commission.
(4) Lower Level Management and Middle Level Management.(5) Statutory Corporation and Government Department.VIEW SOLUTION
- Question 7
Q.4. State with reasons whether the following statements are TRUE or FALSE. (Any THREE): [15 Marks](1) Controlling is necessary for the management.
(2) Disasters are natural.(3) Consumer movement is a social movement.
(4) The liability of a sole trader is limited.(5) India suffers loss due to WTO.VIEW SOLUTION
- Question 8
Q.5. Write short answers of the following. (Any THREE) : [15 Marks](1) Explain the need of Social Responsibilities.
(2) Explain the 'five features' of Professional Management.(3) Explain the Principles of Centralization.
(4) State the importance of Staffing.(5) State the features of Total Quality Management.VIEW SOLUTION
- Question 9
Q.6. Define Partnership firm and explain its Merits and Demerits. [10 Marks]OR
What is a Government Company? Explain its Features.VIEW SOLUTION
- Question 10
Q.7. 'Management is an Art' Explain. [10 Marks]
Explain the social responsibilities of the business organisations towards Shareholders and Government.VIEW SOLUTION