Board Paper of Class 12-Commerce 2014 Business Studies (SET 1) - Solutions
(i) All questions are compulsory.
(ii) Figures to the right indicate full marks for the questions.
(iii) Figures to the left indicate question numbers.
(iv) Write answer of every new question on a new page.
- Question 1
Q.1 (A) Select the proper option from the options given below and rewrite the sentences [5 Marks]
1. A sole trading concern ensures _____________ business secrecy.
2. An electronic facility of transferring funds through the Internet is called _____________ transfer.
(b) net banking
3. Business organization is a part of _____________
4. _____________ is the President of State Commission.
(a) The District Court Judge
(b) The Supreme Court Judge
(c) The High Court Judge
5. According to the principle of _____________ all employees should be given fair treatment.
(c) equityVIEW SOLUTION
- Question 2
Q.1 (B) Match the correct pairs : [5 Marks]
Group 'A' Group 'B' (a) Private company
(d) Consumer Protection Act.
(1) Minimum 7 members
(2) Saving Account
(4) Electronic business
(5) Current Account
(6) Maximum 50 members
(7) Automatic Teller machine
(9) Individual Taste
(10) To take corrective action
- Question 3
Q.1 (C) Write a word or a phrase or a term which can substitute each one of the following statements: [5 Marks]
1. The business organization which has minimum ten members.
2. The type of warehouse where early perishable goods are stored.
3. An activity motivated by profit.
4. Father of scientific management.
5. A function where right people are given right jobs.VIEW SOLUTION
- Question 4
Q.2 Distinguish between the following (any THREE) : [15 Marks]
1. Sole trading concern and Partnership firm.
2. Road transport and Rail transport.
3. Private company and Public company.
4. State commission and National commission.
5. Planning and Controlling.VIEW SOLUTION
- Question 5
Q.3 Write short notes on any THREE of the following : [15 Marks]
1. Types of partners.
2. Advantages of Outsourcing
3. Rights of consumers.
4. Importance of principles of Management.
5. Importance of Directing.VIEW SOLUTION
- Question 6
Q.4 State with reasons whether the following statements are TRUE or FALSE (any THREE): [15 Marks]
1. The main purpose of a cooperative organization is to earn profit.
2. Transport is useful in raising standard of living.
3. It is easy to set up e-business as compared to traditional business.
4. 'Management should avoid workers' participation while making decisions.
5. Coordination is needed at all the levels of management.VIEW SOLUTION
- Question 7
Q.5 Attempt the following (any TWO) : [10 Marks]
1. State social responsibilities of business towards government.
2. State the importance of consumer protection.
3. State any 'five principles' of management given by Henry Fayol.
4. State the characteristics of an 'entrepreneur'.VIEW SOLUTION
- Question 8
Q.6 Define 'joint stock company'. Explain its merits and demerits. [10 Mark]
Define 'insurance'. Explain the various principles of insurance.VIEW SOLUTION