Gene : It's Nature, Expression and Regulation
- A nucleotide contains three components –
- Nitrogenous base
- Pentose sugar
- Phosphate group
- Nucleoside contains a nitrogenous base linked to pentose sugar.
- Two types of nitrogenous bases –
- Purine – Adenine and guanine
- Pyrimidine – Cytosine, uracil and thymine
- The nitrogenous bases present in DNA are adenine, cytosine, thymine and guanine. In RNA, thymine is replaced by uracil.
- Polynucleotide chain is formed when more th…
To view the complete topic, please