Conservation of Environment
- Biodegradable wastes-
- Wastes that can be broken down by biological processes are called Biodegradable.
- They are mainly produced mainly from plant and animal sources.
- Non-biodegradable wastes
- Wastes that cannot be broken by biological processes.
- They are usually man-made like plastic, metal etc.
- Water is essential for life.
- About 71% of the earth’s surface is covered with water. It is present as ground water, in seas, oceans, rivers, lakes, ice caps, and in atmosphere.
- Wells, rivers, ground water reservoirs or lakes are sources of fresh water.
- Ocean and sea water is not potable because they contain large amount of dissolved salts.
- Water is a necessity for every form of life. It is used for domestic activities, irr…
To view the complete topic, please