Heredity and Evolution
- Heredity- transmission of characteristics or traits from parents to offsprings.
- Variations- difference among individuals of a species and also among offsprings of same parents.
- Variations are of two types- heritable and non-heritable.
- Basis of heredity- each trait is influenced by both maternal and paternal DNA.
- Proposed- heredity is controlled by factors. Factors are now called genes.
- Performed experiments on garden pea (Pisum sativum)
- Used seven contrasting pairs of characters or traits to study heredity.
- Dominant trait- able to express itself over another contrasting trait
- Recessive trait-unable to express its effect in the presence of a dominant trait
- Mendel repre…
To view the complete topic, please