Chemical reaction and its types
1. Chemical reaction is a process in which a chemical substance gets converted into another substance with new and changed properties.
2. Chemical reactions are of two types:
(i) Simple chemical reaction: Usually occurs in one step and can be explained in detail. For example: Burning of fuel
(ii) Complex chemical reaction: Usually occurs in multiple steps and cannot be explained in detail. For example: Biochemical reactions
3. Chemical reactions are responsible for the formation of new substances that are very important in our lives.
4. A chemical reaction occurs because unstable atoms tend to attain maximum stability by completing their octet or achieving noble gas electronic configuration.
1. The electrons which take part in a chemical reaction are called valence electrons.
2. Valence electrons may be present in the last orbit or in the penultimate orbit.
3. Valence electrons may be gained orlost or can be shared between two or more atoms during chemical reactions.
4. When atoms acquire noble gas configuration, they become stable and do not react furth…
To view the complete topic, please