- Some of the terms related to probability are:
- Experiment: When an operation is planned and done under controlled conditions, it is known as an experiment. For example, tossing a coin, throwing a die etc., are all experiments.
- Outcomes: Different results obtained in an experiment are known as outcomes. For example, on tossing a coin, if the result is a head, then the outcome is a head; if the result is a tail, then the outcome is a tail.
- Random: An experiment is random if it is done without any conscious decision. For example, drawing a card from a well-shuffled pack of playing cards is a random experiment if it is done without seeing the card.
- Trial: A trial is an action or an experiment that results in one or several outcomes. For example, if a coin is tosse…
To view the complete topic, please