Select Board & Class
speech on punctuality
Put the following in Direct Speech:
1. He asked Rama to go with him.
2. He replied that he had promised to reward his soldiers and that he had kept his word.
3. He told us that he had waited an hour.
4. The lady inquired if he was now quite well again.
5. Rama replied that he could not do so.
Put the following in Indirect Speech:
1. 'What a rare article milk is, to be sure, in London!'" said Mr. Squeers with a sigh.
2. ' Ah me!' exclaimed the Queen,'What a rash and bloody deed you have done!'
3. He said, " How cruel of him!"
4. He said, 'What a pity you did not come!'
5. He said,'Alas! our foes are too strong.'
Turn the following into Indirect Speech:
1. He said to me, " I have often told you not to play with fire."
2. One day he sent for Cassim and said to him, " You are now old enough to earn your living, so you must set off, and make your own way in the world."
3. " You have all done very badly!" remarked the teacher.
4. He wrote and said, ' I am unable to come just now because I am ill,but i will certainly start as soon as I am well enough to do so."
5. They wrote, ' It is time we thought about setting this matter.'
1. 'Cheer up, mother, I'll go and get work somewhere,' said Jack.
2. But the sea-god cried,' Do not be afraid,noble prince. I have taken pity on you and will help you.'
3. 'No', said the child; 'I won't kneel, for if I do, I shall spoil my new breeches.'
4. 'What a horse they are losing for want of skill and spirit to manage him!' exclaimed Alexander.
5. Telemachus replied,'How can I drive away the mother,who bore me and nourished me?"
in transformation of sentences interogative to imperative ,negative sentence to assertive and so passive to active voice i want some examples and rules
can the expert help me
1. The teacher promised, "If you will come before school tomorrow, I will explain it."
2. She wrote, "I am waiting and watching and longing for my son's return."
3. The examiner's orders were, " No one is to bring books into the room nor ask me questions about what I have told you to do."
4. The dwarf said to her, " Promise me that when you are Queen you will give me your first-born child."
5. "That is my horse', said he,'and if I do not prove it in a few minutes I will give up my claim."
1. 'Bring me a drink of milk,' said the swami to the villagers.
2. He said to me, ' Wait until I come.'
3. 'Hurry up,' he said to his servant, ' do not waste time.'
4. 'Go down to the bazaar. Bring me some oil and a lump of ice.' ordered his master.
5. 'Sit down,boys,' said the teacher.
plz tell me answer for unseen passage
how can we do news report in exams
It is suggested that more practice worksheets of English Grammar for class VI be added to facilitate better workout for students.
Please check my answers are correct or not.
Q1. The child said to angel, "What are you doing?"
The angel said, " I am making a nice little house for you."
Ans:- The child asked angel what she was doing.
The angel replied that she was making a nice little house for him.
Q2. The teacher said to Meenu, "Do not make a noise in the class."
Meenu said, "I am sorry, Ma'am."
Ans The teacher ordered Meenu not to make noise in the class.
Meenu said sorry to the Ma'am.
Q3. I said to Amit, "How much money do you have?"
Amit said, "I have only fifty rupees."
Ans I enquired of Amit that how much money he had.
Amit replied that he had fifty rupees only.
Q4. Sapna said to me, "Can you help me to draw these pictures?"
I said to her, "I do not know how to draw."
Ans Sapna asked me if I could help her to draw these pictures.
I replied her gently that I did not know to draw.
Q5. The manager said to Pawan, "Why did you not come to office yesterday?"
Pawan said, "I was not well."
Ans The manager enquired of Pawan why he had not came to office the previous day.
Pawan replied that he had not been well.
Choose the correct verb from those in brackets:
1. She ------------------ worried about something. (looks; looking; is looking).
2. It started to rain while we --------------- tennis. (are playing ; were playing; had played).
3. He ------------- fast when the accident happened. (is driving; was driving; drove).
4. He --------------- asleep while he was driving. ( falls; fell; has fallen).
5. I'm sure I --------------- him at the party last night. (saw; have seen; had seen)
Nikhil said, I will come tomorrow.
2. My mother said, The servant has not come today.
3. The teacher said, Pallavi may get through.
4. The teacher will say, Rama will pass.
5. Paras said, I have passed the examination.
6. He said, We are going for a picnic today.
7. The teacher said, Aarti does not work hard.
8. She said, Snow fell last night.
9. She said, Aayush is working hard.
10. The teacher says, Rohit will pass.
11. She said, I have been writing for an hour.
12. Rita said, The girls were singing in the music period.
13. The teacher says, Sehaj does not work hard.
14. I said to her, I can solve the sum.
15. Aman said, Vinay may not come to school today.
16. The teacher said, The earth is round.
17. He said to his friend, My sister has written a letter.
18. The priest said, God is great.
19. Arjun said, I can play sitar.
20. Mohan said, My sister has been studying since morning.
21. We said, We ran very hard.
22. They said to me, We cannot help you now.
23. Sambhav said, My father is writing a letter.
24. She said to me, I will go to the library tomorrow.
25. He said, Iron is one of the most useful metals.
26. He said to his mother, I am unwell.
27. She said, I walk to school every day.
28. The father said, Sonal will pass.
29. The monitor said, The boys were playing football.
30. She said to me, I don't believe you.
31. Rohan said to his sister, I may go to Apno Ghar today.
32. The waiter says, Food is ready.
33. He said, This is my car.
34. Swati said, The boys are playing cricket.
35. She said, These apples are delicious.
Choose the correct or more suitable forms of the verbs to fill in the blanks:
1. The plane ---------------------- at 3.30. (arrives; will arrive).
2. I will phone you when he ---------------- back. (comes, will come).
3. When I get home,my dog ------------------- at the gate waiting for me. (sits; will be siting).
4. I --------------------- the Joshis this evening. (visit; am visiting).
5. Look at those black clouds. It ------------ . (will rain; is going to rain)
Change the following sentences from Direct into Indirect
1. The teacher said to the boy, " You have forgotten the lesson."
2. He said, " I am happy to be here today."
3. He said to me, " Two and two make four."
4. The princess says, " I have lost my way."
5. The Happy Prince siad, " I led the dance in the great hall."
I did not understand what is direct & indirect speech !
Banu Said," He don't like watching films.
what will be it in indirect speech ?
1). 'What do you want?' he said to her.
2). When the Brahmin approached, the first thief said, 'Why do you carry a dog on your back? Are you not ashamed?'
3). 'Are you coming home with me?' he asked.
4). She said to him, 'What is it that makes you so much stronger and braver than any other man?'
5). 'Have you anything to tell me,little bird?' asked Ulysses.
i did not understand.
Fill in the blanks with suitable words from the box:
(respond; dismal; grumbled; daft; slapped)
1. The --------------- weather made the late afternoon seem like evening.
2. Don't ask such ---------------- questions.
3. The servant ------------- at the low pay offered to him.
4. He didn't ------------- to my questions.
Change the following sentences into indirect speech:
1. Pinky said, "Kamala works very hard."
2. Ajay said, "It's very cold today."
3. The carpenter will say, " These nails are of a smaller size."
4. The teacher said to Rahul, "You will be punished for your behaviour."
5. The hunter says, " The birds are chirping loudly."
The Principal will say,"Rules have to be followed at any cost."
In chapter 10 of english that is REPORTED SPEECH after the para INVERTED COMMAS ............... BY THE SPEAKER an example is given so there in the indirect speech it is written that THE TEACHER SAID SHE WOULD GIVE THE TEST ON REPORTED SPEECH TODAY so in the first two examples by the direct speech by the speaker and the direct reported speech at the last it is tommorrow but why in the last one it is today not the next day and in the second example also why it is tommorrow nor the next day?And where we use:- the next day ,the next week ,the next month ,the previous year ,that day,etc?
in the last example will the indirect speech be ...Roger said that they would be back after nine.
In the answer it is stated by nine
ram says mohan is naughty boy
convert into indirect speech
CAN'T UNDERSTAND SECOND ONE?
i can't understand in 2 picture
what is direct and indirect speech
What is Reported Speech
Please upload some exercises related to Reported speech
Is this correct
The teacher said "not to use that again and again".
the teacher ordered him to not to use that again and again.
i can't understand
1. Grandmother said " I think Rahul is very lazy."
2. Joseph says, " I have lived in India for four years."
3. Munira said, " The cat drank up all the milk."
4. They said, " Yesterday we went to the cinema."
5. The teacher said to us, " I shall not teach your class tomorrow."
When we spell STRAP backwords,we get
The whole chapter is filled with comic due to which it is difficult to understand.
Fill in the blanks with the correct form of the verb given in brackets.
1. When I went to see him, he --------------------. (sleep).
2. After the teacher -------------------- out, we all began to make noise. (go).
3. Here ------------------ the bus. (come).
4. I ------------------ his letter a week ago. (receive).
5. Arun ------------------- English for six years (study).
6. He --------------- a mill in this town. ( have; has; is having).
7. He --------------- here for the last five years. (worked; is working; has been working).
8. He thanked me for what I ------------. (have done; had done; have been doing).
9. I -------------- a strange noise.(hear; am hearing; have been hearing).
10. I ------------------ him for a long time. (know; have known; am knowing)
Change the following sentences from Direct into Indirect:
1. The teacher said to us, "The boys were playing football."
2, He said, " He came yesterday."
3. The astrologer will say, " I have to work hard."
4. The teacher said, " Slow and steady wins the race."
5. The father said to the children, " It will rain tonight."
In the lesson above, it is written, ' The teacher said she would take a test on reported speech today' whereas I feel it should have been 'The teacher said she would give a test on reported speech that day.' Which is correct? Please explain . I feel it is students who would take a test and teachers give the test for students to take!!.
How can we identify the gender when we are converting a sentence from direct to reported speech?
For example: The chalk said, " I am talking."
In reported speech: The chalk said that he was talking.
The chalk could have also been a girl! How can we identify this???
Copyright © 2020 Applect Learning Systems Pvt. Ltd. All rights reserved.
E.g: 9876543210, 01112345678
We will give you a call shortly, Thank You
Office hours: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm IST (7 days a week)