Nutrition in Plants and Animals
- Autotrophic Nutrition
- Synthesis of food by photosynthesis, Photosynthesis equation
- Leaves are the sites for the synthesis of food.
- The green pigment called chlorophyll is present in leaves.
- Chlorophyll traps solar energy, which is used to prepare food from CO2 and water. Sun is the ultimate source of energy.
- Green plants absorb CO2 from atmosphere through tiny pores called stomata.
- Stomata are present on the surface of leaves.
- Water and minerals are absorbed from soil and are transported to leaves via tiny vessel-like structures present in roots.
- Chlorophyll, sunlight, CO2, and water are essential raw materials for photosynthesis.
- Carbohydrates such as starch and oxygen are the product of photosynthesis.
- All green plants including green algae show autotrophic nutrition.
- Since the autotrophs manufacture their …
To view the complete topic, please