Story writing is a creative writing exercise. Students are given few lines of the beginning of the story and are required to complete the rest of the story using their own imagination.
Points to remember:
1. A story does not follow any format and is written in paragraphs.
2. It is usually written in passive voice.
3. The ideas should be systematically presented.
4. Although, marks are not deducted for exceeding the word limit, a story should be written within 120-150 words.
5. Marks may be deducted for grammatical errors and mistakes in the spellings and punctuation marks.
6. Marks are awarded on the content, expression and creativity of the write-up. Therefore, special care should be taken to maintain the coherence, accuracy and fluency of the content.
Q. Look at the given image and write a story about it.
It was a pleasant day and I was busy dealing with the customers in my jewellery shop. While talking to a customer, I observed that on the fifth counter, there was a man sitting silently. I had a notion that he was waiting for someone to join him for shopping. Gradually, however, I grew suspicious of him. Suddenly, I noticed that he was trying to take out a precious necklace from the jewellery box kept near a counter. Thinking that it might create havoc in the shop, w…
To view the complete topic, please