- To express x as a percentage of y, percentage =
- x % of a given quantity =
- If x % of a given quantity is y, then quantity =
Example: In a bag there are 6 blue marbles, 4 red marbles and 5 green marbles. What percent of total marbles are blue?
Solution: Total number of marbles = 6 + 4 + 5 = 15
Number of blue marbles = 6
∴ Percentage of blue marbles =
- Formula for percentage increase and decrease are:
Example: In the year 2007, the number of children in a locality was 1500. In the year 2008, the number of children in the locality rose to 2100. Find the percent increase in the number of children of the locality.
Increase in the number of children = 2100 – 1500 = 600
Thus, the required percent increase in the number of children of the locality is 40%.
- The formulae to calculate profit and loss are:
- Profit %
- Loss %
A shopkeeper purchased 15 dozen cups for Rs 900. However, 9 cup…
To view the complete topic, please