- Importance of microorganisms
- In food industry
- Lactobacillus bacteria promote the conversion of milk into curd.
- Yeast is used in preparation of breads, pastries and cakes.
- In beverage industry
- Yeast is used for commercial production of alcohol, wine and vinegar (acetic acid).
- Yeast acts on sugar and converts it into alcohol by the process of fermentation. Louis Pasteur discovered fermentation.
- In medicine production
- Medicines produced by certain microorganisms to kill or stop the growth of other disease-causing microorganisms are called antibiotics.
- Antibiotics are obtained from bacteria and fungi.
- They are classified as narrow-spectrum and broad-spectrum antibiotics.
- Commonly used anti…
To view the complete topic, please