The results of Joint Entrance Exams (JEE) Advanced 2017, for admission to The Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) were declared on Sunday 11th June, 2017. JEE Advanced is the second stage of Joint Entrance Exams. It provides admissions to eligible candidates into the B.Tech programmes offered by 23 IITs. Each year, the difficulty level of questions rises and only the best of the students get selected to study in IIT. Out of the 1,72,024 candidates who had registered this time, 1,59,540 appeared for the exam and only 50,455 qualified.
We at Meritnation are proud to announce that 27 of our students have aced the JEE advanced with respectable ranks. Hearty Congratulations to all of them!
The Secret Behind Their Success
These students were members of our JEE 1 year, 2 year and Advanced courses. They were active participants of the interactive classes and All India Test Series by Meritnation. Continuous help from our experts and their valuable exam preparation tips helped them increase their level of preparation and confidence which contributed to their high scores. Our analytics engine helped them analyze their areas of strengths and weaknesses. So, with their continuous effort and hard work, they were able to achieve this target.
The Counselling and Seat Allotment Procedure
The next step after scoring a good rank in JEE advanced 2017 is the counselling and seat allotment which will be conducted by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) from June 15 to July 19, 2017. The exact procedure is as follows :-
1. Online registration –
- Register yourself on the JEE webiste using your roll number, registration number and date of birth as mentioned on the admit card.
2. Online choice filling –
- After registration, you can fill choices according to your preference of branch and institute. We advise you to select and lock as many choices as possible.
- You can make changes in terms of editing, reordering their choices and add new choices till the final locking.
3. Online Counselling and Seat Allotment
- Counselling and Seat Allotment will be conducted in 6 rounds based on examinees All India Ranks (AIRs).
- After each round you can check the status for their seat allotment by logging in with the registered ID on the JEE website.
4. Final Reporting
- To provisionally freeze/book their allotted seats after the allotment, you must pay the required fee online.
- Further, to claim their allotted seat and to book it for the academic year, report to the allotted institution with the prescribed documents.
Do keep in mind :-
- For admission to programmes like Mining Engineering and Mining Machinery Engineering and other related courses, the candidates have to fulfil the additional fitness and health parameters.
- Candidates have to carry the following documents in original along with one attested copy of each during the physical verification for taking provisional admission
- Seat allotment letter
- Admit Card
- Application form
- Duly filled Medical Examination Report
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Class XII/SSC/Equivalent exam Mark sheet and Certificate of passing
To know more about entrance examinations and for other updates CLICK HERE