The Joint Entrance Exam or JEE 2019 is scheduled to begin on the 8th of January. This is the first year that the National Testing Agency, or NTA, an organisation established to conduct competitive entrances in India, will be in charge of the exam. Also, this is the first year that the JEE is being conducted entirely in the computer-based mode.
This is the first of two attempts that aspirants get this year. The next one is scheduled to be conducted in April 2019. More than 9.5 lah students will be appearing for the January exam. The exams will go on till 12th January.
Here are a few things that you, as an aspirant, should keep in mind while preparing to take the exam:
- Check your admit card and be careful about your reporting time, gate closing time of the exam centre, shift and timing of exam, and other details of the venue. Make sure you are not late to the exam.
- Carry your admit card, preferably printed in colour on an A4 size paper, to the exam centre.
- Carry a colored photograph, the same as uploaded in your JEE Main application form as well as a valid photo ID proof (PAN card/ Driving License/ Voter ID/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card (With photograph)/E- Aadhaar/Ration Card) in original. Soft copies are not entertained at the entry.
- Do not carry any kinds of Instruments/ Geometry/ Pencil box, Handbag, Purse, any kind of Paper/ Stationery/ Textual material (printed or written material), Eatables and Water (loose or packed), Mobile Phone/ Earphones/ Microphone/ Pager, Calculator, DocuPen, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Camera, Tape Recorder, to wear/carry any type of watch including Electronic Watches with facilities of calculator, any metallic item or electronic gadgets/ devices in the Examination Hall/Room.
- Students with Diabetes will be allowed to carry eatables like sugar tablets/fruits (like banana/apple/ orange) and transparent water bottle to the Examination Hall/Room. However, no other packed goods should be brought into the hall/room.
Pen/ pencil and blank paper sheets for rough work will be provided in the examination hall.
Meritnation wishes all aspirants the very best for the exams!
For more information and updates JEE and other entrance exams, stay tuned to this space!