NEET-II: Online Registration for Phase Two Begins

NEET IIThe Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has begun the process of online registration for the phase two of the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET). The second phase of NEET is scheduled for June 24, 2016 for admission to MBBS and BDS courses. Candidates can apply for NEET II till June 21, 2016 midnight.

The second phase of NEET will consist of one paper containing 180 objective type questions from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology). The duration of the paper would be 3 hours from 10:00 am to 01:00 pm.

“The test will be applicable for admissions to the All India quota seats, State Government Quota seats where the state government concerned so opts and Private/Management/NRI Quota seats in all Private Medical/Dental Colleges or any Private/Deemed University,” CBSE said in an official statement.

President Pranab Mukherjee gave his assent to two ordinances which exempts State Government Medical and Dental colleges from the Supreme Court-ordered single All India entrance examination NEET.

All states now have the option of either conducting their own exam or be a part of the NEET to fill the 85 per cent of the Undergraduate medical and dental seats. The remaining 15 per cent of the seats will be filled through NEET by All India counselling.

As per the release, under the directives of the Supreme Court of India dated May 9,

  • Candidates who could not register in AIPMT 2016 (NEET-I)
  • Candidates who were registered in AIPMT 2016 (NEET-I) but could not appear in NEET-I, and
  • Candidates who were registered in AIPMT 2016 (NEET-I) and had appeared but have apprehension that they had not prepared well, subject to submission of an undertaking to give up their candidature for NEET-I,

can apply to appear for NEET Phase II.

Candidates are expected to check all the detailed information before the submission of the online application .

For more details check the official NEET website :

Important Resources for NEET 2016

AIPMT 2016 Preparation Tips AIPMT 2016 Sample Papers AIPMT Past Paper Analysis  aipmt 2016 cut off result aipmt 2016 study material aipmt 2016 revision notes

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *