As per the latest notification, today will be the concluding day for the online registration for JEE Mains 2020. Candidates who have not registered for the exam can fill and submit the online registration forms available online at jeemain.nic.in.
JEE Main is the holy grail amongst all the engineering exams conducted in the country. Students start their preparations years before appearing for the final exam. It is considered one of the most strenuous national level entrance exam, conducted by NTA, for candidates seeking admission to B.E./ B.Tech and B.Arch courses.
With the increase in entries of JEE Main every year, the process of cracking the exam has become difficult. It is mandatory to score well not just in one, but all the 3 important subjects viz. Physics, Chemistry, and Maths. So, without any further ado, let us help you with a few ways to prepare better for the ultimate exam.
During the exam preparation
- Know all about the exam
Firstly, be thorough about the whole procedure of the exam. Learn about the syllabus, exam pattern, eligibility, important dates, cut-offs, colleges, scoring & result, and admit card.
Knowing about it all will give you the advantages of starting the preparations on the right note.
- Manage your time well
Once you know everything about the exam, you should create a timetable giving equal weight to all the subjects. Remember to strictly follow the schedule. You should also include short breaks of five to ten minutes between long hours of study. It will help you refresh your mind and understand better.
- Make your strength stronger
Put together a concentration strategy for all three subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. You may like one subject more than the other two; hence, work towards making your strong subject even stronger so that you don’t lose any marks on it. Recognize your weak points and work hard on them too.
- Brush up your skills with Mock Tests
“Practice makes a man perfect”, you must have heard this a hundred times. Solve as many questions/ question papers as you can in a day. This will not only help you improve your speed but will also help you apprehend the concepts on which you need to work harder. More than just solving a mock test it is also important to analyze the concepts where you went wrong. Try not making the same mistakes repeatedly.
After completing the revision of each chapter, you could solve questions from that chapter which has been in previous year JEE Main papers. Make sure that you solve the Mock as seriously as the actual JEE Main exam.
- Formulae on Tips
Write all the important formulae and theorems in one place and keep them handy while solving numerical based questions in Mathematics and Physics. This will help you revise all important theorems and formulae quickly. Eventually, you will realize that you remember each of them by heart.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle
A healthy and balanced diet never harmed anybody. Try and eat as many fresh fruits and vegetables as possible. Students tend to eat junk food and fizzy drinks because of exam pressure. What they do not know is that these foods make them feel lazy and inactive.
Do some mild exercises regularly like some stretching, a morning or evening walk to keep yourself healthy and active. You can also invest your time in some Yoga and meditation to calm your mind and boost confidence and concentration.
- Stay optimistic
Always try to keep a positive attitude not only towards your studies but also throughout the exam time. This will keep your mind stress free, develop inner peace and ultimately boosting confidence.
During the JEE Main Exam
- You may go through your notes once just before appearing for the exam. But, do not take up any new question or topic. This is highly prohibited as it’ll increase your stress level which can have a negative impact on your exam performance.
- While taking the test, attempt only easy questions first, and then move towards the moderate ones and lastly the difficult questions. This is a very successful strategy that has helped thousands of students over the years.
- There may appear some questions that you do not know about. Do not panic. Leave that question and come back to it after a while. This might help you come up with a solution for it.
- The questions are in the MCQ format. Do not straightway start solving them. Read the questions carefully and you might just crack a problem through the elimination process.