Look at these sentences.
Animals cannot survive for long without water.
So desert animals have to find different ways of coping.
The first sentence says what cannot happen or be done; the second tells us what must, therefore, be done, what it is necessary to do.
Complete these sentences using cannot and have to/has to.
1. You __________________ reach the island by land or air; you _______________ go by boat.
2. We ___________________ see bacteria with our eyes; we _____________________
look at them through a microscope.
3. He__________________ have a new bicycle now; he _________________wait till next year.
4. Old people often _______________ hear very well; they _______________ use a hearing aid.
5. Road users ______________ do what they wish; they _____________ follow the traffic rules.
6. She ________________ accept this decision; she __________________question it.
7. You ____________ believe everything you hear; you ____________ use your own judgement.
1. You cannot reach the island by land or air; you have to go by boat.
2. We cannot see bacteria with our eyes; we have to look at them through a microsco...
To view the solution to this question please