i have debate on the topic " the effect of peer pressure is always beneficial". i'm in against the motion. plz help me to have a clear idea about the topic along with some guidlines.
Please follow the link given below:
This conversation is already closed by Expert
- Peer pressure is the influence exerted by a peer group, encouraging individuals to change their attitudes, values, behaviors, etc, in order to conform to group norms.
- Peer pressure is most commonly associated with youth, in part because most youth spend large amounts of time in schools and other fixed groups that they do not choose and are seen as lacking the maturity to handle pressure from friends.
- Also, young people are more willing to behave negatively towards those who are not members of their own peer groups.
- Peers influence your life, even if you don't realize it, just by spending time with you. You learn from them, and they learn from you. It's only human nature to listen to and learn from other people in your age group.
- Sometimes peers influence each other in negative ways. For example, a few kids in school might try to get you to cut class with them, your soccer friend might try to convince you to be mean to another player and never pass her the ball, or a kid in the neighborhood might want you to drink alcohol with him.
Hope these help!
Negatives: when you do not like a particular idea or when you have no inclination towards a particular field, it is obvious that you won 't like to go by it. For sure, you won 't like to go that way. But it is your peer group, which may compel you on doing something you hate. In such cases, there are chances that you won 't do well in those things. Things you do not enjoy doing cannot fetch you success. You cannot emerge successful in something you have never liked doing. So, it is important that you do not lose happiness of your life by succumbing to peer pressure.
Now you can discuss homework, collaborate on projects and solve questions together.