The salient features of the new constitution drafted by the National Assembly were−
(1) The king came under the supervision of the government and France became a constitutional monarchy.
(2) Feudal system was abolished.
(3) The nobility and the clergy were stripped-off of their privileges.
(4) Taxes collected by the Church were abolished and lands owned by the Church were confiscated.
(5) Power to make laws was vested in the National Assembly.
(6) Indirect elections were introduced for choosing the members of the National Assembly.
(7) Powers were distributed among different institutions − the legislature, the executive and the judiciary.
(8) The main objective of the new constitution of France was limiting the powers of the king.