Exams are round the corner and most of you must be busy studying hard, sometimes even through the night! A little bit of exam pressure spurs most students on and they report that they are often able to get down to doing some serious studying! It is however important that you do not let exam stress get the better of you. Keep the anxiety in perspective and remember that at the end of the day, it is after all just an exam!
Here are some tips that you might find useful in preparing for your exams-
- Know your syllabus well. It just might be a good idea to refer to the updated syllabus for your class from the CBSE website just so as to ensure that you have not missed out on any topic
- Be thorough with your NCERT textbook. Being completely familiar with all question types from the NCERT text book is good way to study while preparing for your exams, particularly Board Exams
- Solve previous years’ Board Papers. Lay your hands on Board Papers from the previous years and practice. Do make sure that the publisher is authentic
- Understand the marking scheme followed by CBSE. Your familiarity with the marking scheme will help you work along by keeping in mind the marks allotted for the various steps in the correct answer
- Avoid last minute cramming. It is important to understand your concepts well if you really want to score high in your exams
- Sleep well the day before exams. Getting a good night’s sleep will only help you remember all that you have studied and will help you focus better
- While writing the exam, pay attention to the number of marks allotted to a question and write your answers accordingly. Just cos’ you may know a lot more than is asked, writing it all down will not fetch you extra marks!
- Pay particular attention to the key terms used in the question and organize your answer accordingly. For example if the question has ‘Differentiate’ your answer should look different from the answer when the question is ‘Explain’. Simple stuff, yet critical to get those marks!
Best of Luck!