1. explain new form of imperial art.
2. describe the painting history
3. explain the new buildings and new style of art.
4. explain major tradition of the imperial art
5. explain the effect of portrait while became popular during colonial period.
pls provide short eplained answers. ts for test so i will have to b able revise n understand these questions. reply fast!
- From the eighteenth century a stream of European artists came to India along with the British traders and rulers. The artists brought with them new forms of imperial styles and new conventions of painting to India which also changed the Western perceptions of India.
- For detailed history of painting, refer to the chapter
- In the drawings one could seethe effect of British governance in making of a new Calcutta, with wide avenues, majestic European-style buildings. The new style of portraiture also served as an ideal means of displaying the lavish lifestyles, wealth and status that the empire generated.
- The major traditions of paintings were: landscape paintings, portrature and engravings
- The effect of portraure was that it proved as an ideal means of displaying the lavish lifestyles, wealth
and status that the empire generated.