correlate food chain with food web in an ecosystem using examples .
Please find below the solution to the asked query
- A food chain is a linear sequence of organisms in which each organism is eaten by the next member in the sequence.
- Food web is the network of many food chains interlinked together.
A food web consists of many food chains. A food chain only follows just one path as animals find food. e.g: A hawk eats a snake, which has eaten a frog, which has eaten a grasshopper, which has eaten grass. On the other hand, a food web shows many different paths that connect plants and animals.
The five food chains in this food web are :
1. Grass→ mouse→ wolf
2. Grass→ grasshopper →frog -- owl
3. Grass →rabbit→ snake→ owl
4. Grass →squirrel →wolf
5. Grass→ grasshopper →mouse →wolf.Hope this information will clear your doubts about the topic.