define motion ? there are how many types of motion define them by using examples
Motion is a change in position of an object with respect to time.
Following are the types of motions:
- Translatory motion: e.g. a ball falling from a height.
- Rotational motion: e.g. motion of Earth.
- Vibratory motion: e.g. a plucked guitar string
- Rectilinear motion: e.g. moving bus in a straight line
- Circular motion: e.g. the orbis of planets
- Oscillatory motion: e.g. Soldiers arms when marching
- Periodic motion: e.g. revolution and rotation of earth
- Non- Periodic motion: e.g. moving of ants
These are not all the types of motion, you will learn otherts in higher classes...............
In physics, motion is a change in position of an object with respect to time. Motion is typically described in terms of velocity, acceleration, displacement, and time. Motion is observed by attaching a frame of reference to a body and measuring its change in position relative to another reference frame.
Motion can be broadly classified into three different types
(1) Rotational - When a body moves in a circular path around a fixed point or on its axis. For example, Motion of Earth around Sun.
(2) Vibrational - To and Fro (back and forth) motion of a body around a fixed mean position. For example, Motion of a Simple Pendulum.
(3) Translatory (Rectilinear) - When a body moves along straight lines with a certain speed, could be accelerating or decelarting. For example, Car moving on a road.