Differentiate between diabetes mellitus and Diabetes insipidus.
Diabetes mellitus & Diabetes insipidus have one thing in common - word " diabetes"' else they are completely different from each other.
Diadetes insipidus, (DI):-
- In this disease, kidneys loses the water retaining capacity which results in the excessive loss of water.
- It is controlled by Anti diuretic hormone Vasopressin. In this patient's body become incapable of responding or identifying this hormone.
- DI patients suffer from excessive urination, thirst, vomitting, fever etc.
Diabetes mellitus, (DM).
- In this disease, sugar level in blood increases.
- Blood -sugar level is controlled by insulin, produced by pancreas. If the amount of insulin in blood falls, Patient suffers from DM
- Patient having DM suffers from excessive urination, fatigue & thirst