Distinguish between census and sample surveys. list four important types of sampling methods. explain the reason for preparing sample surveys in the collection of statistics
The difference between Census Method and Sampling Method has been covered in the study material provided to you. Follow the link to go to the concerned lesson.
1. Each and every unit of the population is studied.
2. Requires large amount of finance, time and labour.
3. Results are quite reliable.
4. It is more suitable if population is heterogeneous in nature.
5. It cannot be used when part of the population is missing.
1. Only few units of the population studied.
2. Relatively less amount of finance, till labour is required.
3. Results are less reliable.
4. It is more suitable if population homogeneous in nature.
5. It can be used, if part of the population is missing