Do samples provide better results than surveys? Give reasons for your answer.
Samples provide better results than surveys. The advantages of samples over survey are as follows:
1. Provides Reliable and Accurate Results- The Sample Method provides reliable and accurate results. This is because of the fact that errors can be easily located and rectified in the sampling methods due to the smaller number of items.
2. Less Time and Energy Consuming- The Sample Method involves study of fewer items of the universe. So, this method not only saves time but also energy of the investigator.
3. Cost Efficient- The cost of approaching each individual unit for interrogation and collection of data is comparatively lower due to the small size of sample.
4. Lesser Non-sampling Errors- The probability of Non-sampling Errors is also low as the sample size is smaller.
5. More Efficient- As the sample size is smaller, so small teams of enumerators can be formed. These small teams can easily be well trained and supervised. Consequently, the team is more efficient than that of the team engaged in the surveys.
6. Large Investigations- When the size of the population is very large and inapproachable, the method of sample is the most feasible.