how shoud i use in,an,the.
A/an is used to modify non-specific or non-particular nouns while t he is used to refer to specific or particular nouns. We call the the definite article and a/an the indefinite article.
Instances of the same are:
1. A boy went running to his mother;
2. A new cook was hired in the restaurant today;
3. An apple a day keeps the doctor away;
4. You should carry an umbrella for it might rain in the evening.
Further explaining the concept, the is used to refer to a particular or specific member of a group. On the other hand, a/an is used for non-specific or non-particular member of group.
1. The sun rises in the east;
2. The public library would be closed this Sunday;
3. I wanted to watch the match yesterday night;
4. Could you pass me the apple pie?
Hope the above explanation fulfilled your query.